Friday 12 May 2017

WOMAN ARE THE SALT OF LIFE SAYS PA JAMES OF PAPA AJASCO & COMPANY


INTERVIEW WITH MR.JAMES OLUKAYODE OLASEINDE POPULARLY KNOWN AS PA JAMES IN THE AWARD WINNING TELEVISION PROGRAMME PAPA AJASCO AND COMPANY
 E.P:Where were you born and  schools you attended?
ANS: I was born in Lagos Island although my parents are from Kwara state but lived in Lagos for several years, they are from Patako in Ifelodun Local Government Area of Kwara State. I started my primary education in Saint Patrick primary school in Jankara Lagos Island but left in primary two to continue my primary education in Kwara State which i finished in 1957 but there was no money to send me to Secondary school.
E.P: What trade or vocation did you learn?
ANS: I started as a houseboy, i later worked in several companies as a factory worker like Matchco in Ilorin before coming back to Lagos in 1975, it was when working with U.T.C hardware that i joined Olarenwaju Ali theatre group in Badiya Lagos before we form our own group which deals only on comedy.
E.P: Why did you join the theatre group while working with U.T.C and later left?
ANS: I left U.T.C due to the fact that i have learnt the dynamic rudiments of theatre and enjoyed the way it was played in those days by the theatre leaders like the Late Ade Afolayan(Ade love) and chief Moses Olaiya Adejumo(Baba sala). When ever i see this people am always carried away and felt comedy was the best for me.
E.P: Can you tell us the number of home videos plays that you have acted in?
ANS: I can't count them.
E.P: Your son Samuel is also into acting but lately not much has been seen of him
ANS: He is at a stage in his life where i can't decide for him, he studied Law at O.A.U although he still acts when invited.
E.P: How do you handle advances from female fans?
ANS: There no profession without women where the women folk are missing then something is wrong with that profession, women are the salt of life they make things sweet.
E.P: How rewarding is the profession?
ANS: I am grateful to GOD(smiles) i wish to tell you that all the good things of life without being in modest GOD has given me through acting children, a good wife, house of my own, car and several plots of land.
E.P: Have you produce your own film?
ANS: Yes i did with my son Samuel several years ago people loved the film but to continue with another one has great financial implication for me except i have a sponsor for the project.
E.P: How was the transition from a purely Yoruba Actor to an English Actor especially to continuously feature in the popular television serial Papa Ajasco by Wale Adenuga Production 
ANS: I am extremely grateful to GOD and wish to thank Mr. Wale Adenuga our producer, when we are about to start the programme i didn't know it's something that will last like this, it is simply amazing. He(Wale Adenuga) just called me and said if you perform well we may continue with the programme because it is expected to be continuous programme and here we are today.   
   



No comments:

Post a Comment