Thursday 15 June 2017

COMEDIANS HAVE TAKING OVER THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY SAYS MR THOMPSON AMAEFUNA A.K.A M.C. 
T.J. HOLDSOMETHING





QUE: can we know you
I am Thompson  Amaefuna AKA Mc T.J Holdsomething comedian, actor and a radio and television presenter, I studied media and performing arts sometimes called theater arts with other certificate in acting I am from Imo State
QUE: When we met you were were shouting a movie, what is the title of the play and what character are you playing
          It is called Go Slow, am playing corporal Joe an unserious policeman who is always looking for what to eat , It is a comical and it’s my first time of playing a police role.
QUE: can you name some of the plays you have acted in before the present one
          I was in the original Face to Face, Papa Ajasco infact all the Wale Adenuga Productions, Pastor Felix, Heavens Gate, Neighbors Palaver, infact if you watch startimes you will see more of me and you can still see me on stage also on my comedy shows
QUE: Your impression of Nollywood
          I think we are getting there, in terms of the cast, production and technical aspects of it, people who studied theatre Art are there that’s why our films are going places  now and ten years ago is not the same.
QUE: In the context of the Nigerian theatre itself the role of a comedian how lucrative is it?
          Very, very infact it is the fastest selling aspect of entertainment, we are versatile whether you are a stand up, and M.C or actor acting comic part.
Infact look at A.Y Comedians have taking over the entertainment industry 100 percent, we are the fastest selling brand. If you look at the entertainers comedians have the best of everything we are very serious minded people infact stardom doesn’t get into our head, once we are there it is like a switch.
QUE: When we first met your humility touched me
I keep telling people that you have to drop your ego to grow and when dealing with people you have to be humble yes education plays a lot in it, that is why I told you earlier that entertainment is a switch. You should know when to switch it on and when to switch it off.
QUE: Where do you see yourself in five years time?
          Infact five years is too long, infact 2018 by God’s grace before this year finish I would be doing international shows so in the next five years you can even be talking of retirement.

QUE: The passion for acting, How do you nature it to this level
          I always see myself as an entertainer but you have to go and polish it professionally no matter how good you are, you must undergo serious training, when growing up; when i speak people would say I am funny. I keep telling people God can not lie, the God who gave me this type of head and hair can not lie I can not become a doctor with this type of hair I must be a wicked doctor
QUE: The film you were shooting GO SLOW who is directing it?
          A guy named Adasa Preye a former banker highly resourceful, we are still shooting.
QUE: Are you married?
          Yes I am and my marriage is going six years now with two beautiful kids and another one on the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment