Saturday 7 October 2017

I WAS EAGER TO PLAY THE DRUMS


BUKAIKA ONIGANGANARA  LAGOS BASED FEMALE TALKING DRUMMER& MULTI. TALENTED ENTERTAINER


              SPOKE WITH ENTERTAINMENT PARROT ON HER CAREER

E.P: A brief introduction of yourself.
          My names are Adebukola Elizabeth Akorede Shittu am an artist I play the drums especially the talking drums. I went to federal college of Education Akoka Lagos.
E.P: How did you develop the interest in playing the drums most especially the talking drum.
          Naturally before the talking drums I started with Akuba (the three piece drums placed on the floor) in my mothers church in magodo Lagos in 1996.
There was this program she organized and invited a Female talking drummer to the church, people took serious admiration for the talking drummer seen a female playing the drums so I felt if she could play the drum I could play it as well. So I moved from the Akuba to the drum sets, the conga and finally the talking drums although naturally I was shy but I got her contact through my brother who invited the female talking drummer to my mothers church because I was eager to learn the drums I went to her and we started rehearsal I pick up my pen and book so it was form her that I learned the talking drums and my mum supported me.
E.P: When did you start playing music on a professional level?
          Actually I started with a dance troupe although I acted in some films initially I usually take them out to occasions in 2006 so I started with dancing in 2006.

E.P: What was the reaction from your family?
          Like I told you that my mum supported me and every member of my family supported me since they believe it is what I wanted to do.

E.P: What brand of music do you play?
I play only the drums I use it to praise God at occasions where we are invited to in churches, birthday parties, companies’ end of the year parties, weddings e.t.c.
E.P: What message do you want to pass across with your music?
          The message I normally pass across is to praise God, essentially it is for the invocation of God wonderful work.
E.P: What is the Name of your Band?
          It is named  Bukaika Oniganganara and the percussion band.
E.P: Presently ma any new offering by you and your band?
          I am going to the studio to do some recording also I am doing some video shoot to send to my fans to see and know me better.
E.P: What is your message to your fans?
          I want them to sit back and relax very soon they will hear from me, I will also use this medium to thank them for their encouragement like giving me different names due to my music like queen of the Drums, Alula e.t.c. I appreciate all of them God bless them. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment