Tuesday 9 October 2018

I AM COMING OUT WITH A GREAT SOUND OF 21ST CENTURY. SAYS SEGUN AWE PRESIDENT OF AFRITONAS BAND


I AM COMING OUT WITH A GREAT SOUND OF 21ST CENTURY.
SAYS SEGUN AWE PRESIDENT OF AFRITONAS BAND

E.P: Sir briefly introduces yourself?
Ans: My name is Segun Awe, The President of AFRITONAS LLC. A native of  Aiyetoro Ekiti

E.P: Tell us how you started music?
Ans: I started music at a tender age, I play drums at school, church and also play drums for masquerade in my village, I started playing as a professional when I left Ibadan to Lagos. I left primary school in  Ibadan with Dosumu Omoleye, left Ibadan for 
Lagos and started playing








with Dele show for a month after which I joined chief commander Ebenezer Obey then I left for school of music in London for two years after which I came back to record my first album called “My Survival” in 1982.

E.P: What is the name of your band and how many are you?
Ans: My first band name was Segun Awe and his African stars connection playing juju music. I launched my second name “Segun Awe”. Afritonas with four albums to our credit we are 10 piece band.

E.P: What inspires you?
Ans: Nothing inspires me because I am a born again.

E.P: Tell us important event in the life of your musical career?
Ans: The launching of my band in 1990.

E.P: Any new album from you and your band?
Ans: Yes we have two albums coming up soon
“Commandment” and “New wave”.

E.P: How can your fans get the album?
Ans: When the album is released my fans can get it from Afritonas distributors which will be published soon.

E.P: Your message to your fans?
Ans: I am coming out with a great sound of 21st century and my fans should be ready to get their copies In order to promote African music to the world Afritonas music is of the root, the best image.
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment