Saturday 28 March 2020

I WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CULTURE AND DIFFERENT ELEMENTS OF BLACK AFRICAN MUSIC BY NADYAB SHANAB



I WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CULTURE AND DIFFERENT ELEMENTS OF BLACK AFRICAN MUSIC BY NADYAB SHANAB  
E:P. Lets get to know you and your music
Ans: Nadyab Shanab. I am from Egypt I am here to explore the music and culture of this great people, to learn more about what is going on in Lagos especially since my music involved waving Arabic music with western culture but now I hope to do more Afro Egyptian sound bringing the best of Egypt to the rest of Africa
E.P: Now in terms of exposing the Egyptian music to the African continent what is your aim in this great fusion?
Ans: My aim is that I want to bring the Egyptian music blending with some African rhythms. Most especially I hope to visit some African countries, I don’t want to be researching from behind the screen I want to visit this places myself and see where I can collaborate with them, I want to learn more about the culture, about the people and I want to combine the different elements of black African music with Egyptian. Likewise I want to remind people that Egypt is part of Africa and people to them.
E.P:  This very musical odyssey you are going how many countries you hope to visit and explore their music fussing it with the Egyptian music.
Ans: I have several of them on my tost, but it all depend on my financial
E.P: (Cut in) But Africa is very wide?
Ans: Yes am starting with Nigeria where I am presently which coincoded with my trop for felabration, Nigeria has a very wide and extensive musical environment. Am hoping to next go to Kenya, Mali, South Africa, Morrocco,  Tanzania, Ethopia, and other this is in order to get the different music of this countries. Rock music coming out of the continent in fact I would have love to visit the Fifty Four countries in but am taking it one at a time.
E.P: What is your perception of Nigeria music forms? I mean the music scene itself.
Ans: i have not experience it, yet, but am excited about tomorrow concert but I have been listening to Nigeria music for several years. Also Afrobeat itself, also for the last Fifteen years Nigerian music which is quite infectious and easy to dance. You know the Egyptian people love to dance also. And I hope one day Nigerian music to Egypt to be performed live.
E.P:  Your music does it have an Islamic colouration with the fact that Egypt your country is an Islamic country? I know music has a universal language.
Ans. I know, my personal music doesn’t have any Islamic colouration, I try to as secular as possible in music but sometimes influences do crep in, wether welike it or not it is not intentionally Islamic (I mean my music).
E.P: But a little bit of mises crep in
Ans: Yes but I don’t listen to a lot of Islamic music.


No comments:

Post a Comment