Thursday 15 October 2020

Performing Art’s Department University Of Ilorin Is A Para-Military Department For Any Aspiring Theatre Student






 

Performing Art’s Department University Of Ilorin Is A Para-Military Department For Any Aspiring Theatre Student Says Mr. Lukman Abiose, A Play Wrighter, Producer And Theatre Director

 


E.P: Briefly introduce yourself? 
Ans: I am Lukman Oluwadamilare Abiose, I hail from Ijaye Kurumo, Abeokuta in Ogun State, Nigeria. I am a play wrighter, screen writer, producer, director, critics, poet and theatre experiment list, I hold both National Diploma and bachelor of arts (B.A) in Mass Communication and performing arts from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic and university of Ilorin, Ilorin respectfully.

 

E.P: What made you choose the art as your vocation?

Ans: Well, art is not just a vocation for me, it is my profession, my business and my life though my soul wanted art but my body was unaware of it. Therefore I will not say I choose art rather I will say art choose me for reasons I cannot explain with any words but create actions.

E.P: Having graduated from the great performing art department of the University of Ilorin as your truly what is your impression of that great breading ground of the arts?

Ans: Far from self aggrandizement performing arts department university of Ilorin is a great

department that should not crumble, it is a paramilitary department for any aspiring theatre student, some said theatre it is the best theatre department in Nigeria which I am in different about, my reason for been indifferent is that the department is still nowhere around the standard, however I hope that the labor of the past heroes of the department will not be in vain.

 

E.P: What is the name of your theatre organization?

Ans: Osumare Kreativision (OKU)

 

E.P: Can you tell us some of your performances?

Ans: In 2016, we hosted university of Ilorin cultural day bringing one of the best Fuji artist

in Nigeria live on campus, king (Dr) Saheed Osupa, also later in the same year we shot a film

titled “Erinjogunola” the freedom fighters, we staged “Olufimo” the final destination” a stage play written by myself for LISABI festival 2018 in Abeokuta and restaged it in July as part of our Afro T.H.E.C theatre rebooth of culture and tourism, like 2019 we stage Avaters of Oodua 1999

 

E.P: By establishing your own group have you been able to break even financially?

Ans: No

E.P: What are the challenges you face?

Ans: (smile) challenges are overwhelming, the greatest of it all is finance, when there is fund getting people to work is easier, we have great ideas and super good talent that can measure up with worlds stand, but lack of adequate or at least manageable fund.

E.P: How can lover of art contact you?

Ans: Am active on facebook and instagram. Check Lukman Abiose Oluwadarimilare on

facebook and @ axiomati007 on instagram you can also send email to

abioselukman007@gmail.com

E.P: What is your projection for the future for you and your group artistically and your message to your fans?

Ans: In the future, Osumare Krestivission shall be a house hold name in African theatre industry, on a final note my mesaage to my fans is “You are the best, be the best.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment