Monday 2 January 2023

IN FIVE YEARS TIME I SEE MYSELF AS ONE OF THE TOP COMEDIANS Says MR KAYODE VERIiSSIMO aka BABA LARUPE

" IN THE NEXT FIVE YEARS I SEE MYSELF AS  ONE OF THE TOP  COMEDIANS'".Says MR KAYODE VERISSIMO .
Question 1 my name is kayode verissimo, A Nigerian of Lagos state origin. I was born on the island (Lagos island to be precise) but I grew up in ilupeju/mushin , where i had my primary and secondary school education. I developed interest in theater act in the late 90s, and besides acting i have passion for script writing.
Que 2; of course, for every profession or institution, the backbone of their success stories are always humans (manpower) u need people around u, people of like minds and interest, it's almost impossible to build your success alone , this is the major tool. Camera, props and capital (money) are secondary.
Que 3: I don't even know how or where to start from, you know memories are of different types, Sweet, bitter and probably sour, but i will like to limit myself to the sweet experience i had when i acted in Adekodere by karounwi films, OWO Osun by tajudeen mobolaji  and Aditu laye toyosi by Soji Oyinsan. People see u on the street, they are appreciated u and pampered u with gifts as if you have done them a favour.
Que 4; if you look around today, u will see stress and frustration written all over people face, and felt the need to ease tension, hence! My decision to go comic, as a form of relief and pass  serious messages in a less serious way, because from my comedy, u learn one lesson or the other.
Que 5: Honestly, comedy is an in built thing, and u can only give what u have
Having said that, I mostly derived my comedy from my immediate environment,(events happening around me)
Que 6: Next five years, all things been equal I see myself as one of the top comedian's to reckon with, and i pray my tentacles must have spread beyond the shore of Nigeria.
Que 7: for now,I'm in foundation stage, posting short comedy on my Facebook page, what I intend doing, is 25 to 30mins comedy ( the like of Erin Keke , by late Baba suwe).it has to be one step before another, probably in the nearest future, I will put 30mins comedy, on compact disc for commercial purpose.
Que 8: First and foremost,I appreciate them, because their comments are very encouraging, and i will strive to give them the best of me anytime, and anyday .

No comments:

Post a Comment