Thursday 22 November 2018

THE FACT THAT I FOUND MYSELF IN A MAN'S WORLD IS CHALLENGING


THE FACT THAT I FOUND MYSELF IN A MAN’S WORLD IS CHALLENGING
ENTERTAINMENT PARROT INTERVIEW WITH AYANBUKOLA ONIGANGARA LAGOS BASED FEMALE TALKING DRUMMER



 E.P: Briefly introduce yourself?
Ans: Thank you very much I am Basirat Adebukola Shittu but my fans call me bukaika, Am a native of Ogun state in Ijebu ode Local Government Area, I was born on July 26th, I had my primary and secondary education in Lagos where I attended Glover nursery and
primary school before I moved to Sherryville nursery and primary, Ojodu after which I proceeded to Boy’s secondary school after which I attended Federal college of Education Yaba for my NCE certificate. I taught in few private schools before I decided to go to entertainment lone, I did a 3 months training at Menog computer school, I didn’t just go into entertainment. I worked at various organizations and institution, I worked at risk brokers, John Holt, Idi Araba secondary school, Holy ghost High school, Sabre travel network, Almalik travel agent and a registered member of Fohow and swissgarde product. I joined samana (acting group) in 2009 and in  2016 I float Bukaika entertainment with a dancing group, before I moved to entertainment fully I worked with Barrister Ronke Ajike and co chamber as her personal assistant, I started with a dancing group where I featured I  some musical video albums (dancing), Saheed Osupa’s album titled “Endorsement”,  Obesere musical video titled “Baba Baba”, Alh Abdul Rafiu (Bolaji Bello) album/video titled “wal asri”, King Ou Saheed Osupa “Opa kaa” I also danced for Sir Shina Peters, nuri thunder’s album “Level pass Level” (ajiwere 2009) , also my Dream by Jingaga. I
was in the process when I met Ope Kemi Pasuma who taught me the art of drumming and moved from being a dancer to a drummer.
E.P: What motivates you into playing the drums?
Ans: Let me say am a lady who always wants to try something different and I will always improve on it, while growing up my mother was in charge of Christ Apostolic Church, Okiki Jesu magodo branch then so I have access to the drum, I watch Ara (popular female talking drummer) performances and felt I can also do it, so I met Alangbajumo n 2007 at my mummy’s church and told her of my interest in talking drum.
So in a nutshell I will say Ara the talking drummer motivate me and I believe it is the plan of God for me, apart from being an Ayan I still act in movies till date I have featured in “Edun Ara”, “Moberu”, “Idaro”, “Kutenle”, “Eegunjenmi 2”, “Olowo Eko”, “Biliamiun”, “Tani”, “Okurin meta”, also “Ghetto Dreams” etc.
E.P: Any plan for an album currently?
Ans: I will say yes with the help of God because with God all things are possible, on my plans for collabo, I will I say am looking forward to play talking drum alongside Olamide, Falz, Adekunle gold, Duncan mighty, and my mentor Ara. Am presently working on my album lunch and I believe with God on my side and the support of my fans will do that soon.

E.P: What are the challenges?
Ans: The fact that I find myself in a  man’s world is very challenging because I have to prove to them that I can do better in the industry and the talking drummers association (APOOKE) needs to do more to encourage us so that more people would come in and the government should invest in us.
E.P: What will be your message to your fans?
Ans: Is that with their progress I know Bukola is going places, the music marketers and promoters should assist me and produce my kind of music, I will use this medium to appreciate the talking drummers association since I joined them 2014 to date.

 E.P: How can your fans contact you?

Ans: They can follow me on my facebook page on ayanbukola onigangarawa, same on instagram and twitter, watsapp 08137017043

No comments:

Post a Comment