Sunday 16 December 2018

MY PASSION FOR MUSIC BEGAN FROM THE ENVIRONMENT WHERE I GREW UP SAYS MADE ANIKULAPO KUTI


MY PASSION FOR MUSIC BEGAN FROM THE ENVIRONMENT WHERE I GREW UP SAYS MADE ANIKULAPO KUTI
INTERVIEW WITH FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI’S GRANDSON MOKRINMAGE “MADE” ANIKULAPO KUTI ON HIS MUSIC ASPIRATIONS; THIS SON OF FEMI ANIKULAPO KUTI IS A STUDY IN HUMILITY.


E.P: What is your Mission in Music?
Ans: My mission in music as an individual is tied to my priority as a musician, I believe in channeling my vision into the arts world because I believe in its ability to channel something’s into our consciousness which is beyond our understanding as individual but by and large for the progress of the human race that’s why am singing about personal issues, social issues and political issues.
For me personally I believe in the importance of the artist to reflect our mind as country stake-holder, however to use it in the incredible varieties of ways, very clearly very articulate what am trying to achieve is to sound clearly and directly as possible as an African Man, the human species and the importance of us to be together.
E.P: Having come from a family that is musically re-known, how do you develop your passion for music?
Ans: The passion began from
the environment where I grew up in the midst of excellent guitarist, keyboardist, instrumentalist and saxophonist, where the greatest musicians have always played, I tied my education to it, all these years. So I never forget, my love for music grew up from my experience with music in my surroundings.
E.P: You are a member of the positive force band playing under your father, what does it feel like?
Ans: Playing under my father made me to understand that  I am not just playing for my father but somebody you know his ideology that he has been fighting for all these years, the music that he plays when you accept everything in his music then you know that your acceptance is total and there is nothing more to add- you feel nothing but relevance to be able to stand with him on stage, what I also feel is been with the positive force bond this are musicians that rehearse in front of fans every Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays there is no other band- that does this in the entire world.
E.P: Made –What are your projection for the next five years.
Ans: On my own Music?
E.P: Yes on your musical career.
Ans: My own music is clear, am planning on an album although am not going to disclose what it’s going to be in terms of compositional form.
E.P: (Interjection) but it is definitely going to be Afrobeat because that is the music of our environment?
Ans: Yes it is Afrobeat but with other varieties, with my taste which are wider music wise, I guess it will be released in 2020 although I have not really start  but I know am working diligently on it.
E.P: What is your impression of FELA your grand father?

Ans: Most of the things I had about him are from my father, the stony that no one can tell you except only one that is close to him can tell. So my first experience about his personal life and then his music I have to listen to it not just as an average musician but it made me understand how incredible life it was in that period of time and he was able to make it, oh you will have nothing but respect for him.
E.P: After your twelve years absence from the FELABRATION FESTIVALS what your observation about the global impact the festival as assumed?
Ans: Honestly it has grown beyond what I imagined, all everything is just incredible, and I think the management worked so hard because I am not part of the management, I came back not quite long.
E.P: So next year we expect you to be part of the great FELABRATION MANAGEMENT TEAM AND SEE MORE OF EACH OTHER?
Ans: Yes
E.P: What is your message to music lovers?
Ans: My message to music lovers is to always make sure you try something different, broaden your knowledge, and be more critical of yourself.

Thank you very much.






Get this Beautiful bags at the cheapest rates at BRAVURA SIGNATURES 95, BODE THOMAS STREET SURULERE, LAGOS.
CONTACT INFO: 2348023260448 Ig Handle bravura signatures...

No comments:

Post a Comment