Monday 24 December 2018

WRITING TOOK ME OFF THE STREET, INSTEAD OF USING MY FIST, PEN BECAME MY GLOVE, MY GUN SAYS MR. MATURE TANKO OKODUWA AN AUTHOR


WRITING TOOK ME OFF THE STREET, INSTEAD OF USING MY FIST, PEN BECAME MY GLOVE, MY GUN SAYS MR. MATURE TANKO OKODUWA

ENTERTAINMENT PARROT INTERVIEW WITH MR. MATURE TANKO OKODUWA AWARD WINNING POET, ACTOR AND LITERARY CRITIC



E.P: Briefly introduce yourself?
Ans: I am Mature Tanko Okoduwa, an award winning poet artist actor, literary critic and historian, I obtained BA and MA in arts and Art History from the university of Nigeria Nsukka, as a freelance Journalist, I have published more than one hundred articles in national and international print media, in the areas of visual and performing arts, I have had solo and group exhibitions within and outside Nigeria and I have acted in several Nollywood movies.
E.P: Why did you take to writing?
Ans: Well I started writing as a way of offloading many things inside of me, first attempt at writing started with play writing. Poetry found me at an unusual hour in a lonely night, when I read John Domes Poems. I got hooked and I have never looked back, with poetry I discovered the best way to express myself. Poetry s like painting, music, aesthetics etcetera, these patterns appealed to me naturally. Imagine this like from my work in progress.
The heart is a glass
Don’t let it slip
Love is fragile
Handle with care
E.P: What was the motivation for writing?

Ans: The greatest motivation for me is life; life is a mystery, a rare gem. From the day I could understand the books that I read specifically the ones that inspired me. I told myself I was good to be a writer. I would love to be read, so I started to write. Writing took me off the streets instead of always using my fist, pen because my glove, my gun.
E.P: Tell us some of the works you have published and where our readers can get them easily?
Ans: I have authored several books, among my volumes of work are “Deep Room and other Plays”, “Our Poisoned love”, “Crucible”, “Drums of Heart”, Lamentation of Onajite”, “Radical Rhythm”, “An Island of self”, “Confession and others” my work appeared in “Silence All Things Will Die”, also in “Five Hundred Nigerian Poets” Onomoresoa anthology of Nigerian poets on mothers and motherhood” etc. I have published more than one hundred article in national and international print media, you can get my books in Bookshops in Lagos and some university bookshops in Nigeria, we sell directly to buyers who request for it through the contact information on our books.

E.P: Does the vocation pay your bills?
Ans: it does to some extent. But the money isn’t consistent, so I have to keep pushing and pushing in terms of marketing and sales.
E.P: What inspires you in writing?
Ans: Basically. Life is one of my subject matters, it is inexhaustible and transubtantial, I’m always seeking to attain the unknown as Rimbaud puts it, “some times, it can be the environment (nature) or a flower or a woman or even a dream.
E.P: Your message to lovers of literary works?
Ans: they should keep an open mind. Read “it is the best was to learn, growing up, I didn’t really know where I was heading to, literature some how pointed to the direction, the most important things keep reading. Take for instance success, the best of “Napoleon Hill”, I learnt so much from the book though a motivational book. Writing has helped to broaden my horizon and world view it has helped me to discover more about myself. On a final note. I would say embrace life, do not limit yourself, for life is too short.

Get this Beautiful bags at the cheapest rates at BRAVURA SIGNATURES 95, BODE THOMAS STREET SURULERE, LAGOS.
CONTACT INFO: 2348023260448 Ig Handle bravura signatures...







No comments:

Post a Comment