Tuesday 23 August 2022

" Traveling is part of my job as a musician, exploring and sharing my culture with others" Says IRE D STAGE DEV aka Lady chanter,an international award folklorist an entrepreneur and experimental tourist .

EP / Let's get to know u.
Ire d stage Dev / I am Ire d stage Dev aka lady chanter. Devi in Hind means  goddess ( ire d be stage goddess). International awards  folklorist,a born chanter ,an experimental tourist ,an entrepreneur partly Ogun and Edo pikin.
EP/ what brought you to music and tourism.
Ire d stage Dev / music for me has always been an inborn and as I stated earlier I was born a chanter with a unique kind of vocal dexterity before I decided to get more knowledge of it at Peter King college of Music Badagry..I love adventure and traveling is part of my  job as a musician, exploring and sharing my culture with others makes me a natural tourist.
So it's ok to call me a tourist _ Artist.
EP/ What genre of music do you play.
Ire d stage Dev/ I major in folk music also known as traditional pop.
EP/As a reknown chanter how do u know the genelogy of d personalities,towns and individuals you are  chanting on ..
Ire d stage Dev/ I read and research a lot of traditional materials which helps in creating my chant piece,. clients sometimes also provide their family eulogy to work with ..
EP / What is the central message of your music .
Ire d stage Dev /Simply preaching the beauty of my culture through sound , embedded with high moral standard of my forefathers and basic rules of life .
EP/Any album/ albums 
It's d stagi Dev /I have 1 album ,3  professional videos,8 singles and presently working on my 2nd album as I said building a physical store  to expand my costemetics brand " REWA" so people can look good through natural nature given resources without breaking the bank.Am also constantly working with AKWAABA and EKO destination tourism and others which will gradually unfolds as the year  progresses.
EP/ What is your projection for the next five years ..
It's d stage Dev / I am one of those who believes in living one day at a time.I dream  big and apply work then allow God  decide  what stays and goes .....Ire ooo

No comments:

Post a Comment